Our Commercial Litigation, Projects and Construction, Employment and Fraud teams invite you to a seminar at our Exeter office with presentations, Q & As and practical guidance on how best to protect your business interests.
Topics will include:
Dawn Raids – How to Prepare and React to Protect your Organisation – Mark Kenkre, Trowers & Hamlins LLP
- How to react to a dawn raid?
- How to prepare for a dawn raid?
- What is best practice in terms of pro-active compliance?
Forming Contracts Virtually – Alan Tate, Trowers & Hamlins LLP
- Consideration of how the Courts have interpreted parties' emails to form a contract
- How a contract may be signed electronically
- A review of the new Electronic Identification and Trust Services for Electronic Transactions Regulations 2016
Confidential Information and Restrictive Covenants – John Turnbull and Maria Dunn, Trowers & Hamlins LLP
- A summary of the steps employers can take to protect themselves from disloyal employees focusing on practical steps, danger signs and investigations.
- A summary of the legal protections/remedies available to employers.
An update on the World of Cybercrime – Rhodri Evans, Cyber Security Lead, PWC
- What is Cyber Risk?
- How does it manifest itself?
- An analogy to help protect your business.
- EU GDPR
Update on the UK Anti-money Laundering Regime and the Panama Papers – Kathryn Insall, Trowers & Hamlins LLP
- Refresher on the anti-money laundering rules applying to all organisations
- Specific issues for organisations operating in the regulated sectors
- Recent legislation and lessons learned from the "Panama Papers" scandal
- Practical tips and recommendations
The Brexit Litigation – an overview and other litigation implications – Lucy James, Trowers & Hamlins LLP
- Reflections on Supreme Court's judgment in Miller
- Contracts – governing law, jurisdiction and enforcement issues
- Potential impact on procurement law and disputes
The seminar will begin at 9am and close at 12:30pm followed by a networking lunch
Date: Friday 19 May 2017
Time: 9am - 1:30pm (8:30am registration)
Venue: Our Exeter office
To book a place on this seminar please click the reservations tab at the top of the page.