Workshop: MMC in the public sector: Building for the future
In response to Homes England's commitment to promote modern methods of construction (MMC) in their Affordable Homes Programme 2021 to 2026, Trowers & Hamlins and experts from NHBC and the NHF Building Better consortium hosted a joint workshop offering registered providers and local authorities their top tips for undertaking housing projects using modular construction and other off-site methods.
The interactive workshop was primarily aimed at those directors and managers responsible for delivering large-scale housing programmes.
Our expert speakers covered:
Procurement - led by Rebecca Rees with panel member Trina Chakravarti, Project Director from Building Better
- How to get started in selecting your contractor and manufacturing partners
- Do you need to restructure your procurement processes for manufacturing solutions?
- Are the Public Contracts Regulations enablers or barriers?
Contracts - led by Paul Bartter with panel member David Cordery
- How to structure your relationships with manufacturers and contractors?
- Which existing industry standard forms of contract work well?
- Experience from the private sector
Insurance and quality assurance - led by Graham Sibley, Senior Business Development Manager from NHBC with panel member Katie Saunders
- Accreditation of models and products
- Inspection regime
- What are funders looking for?