Quarterly Housing Update – Spring 2021
Welcome to our Spring 2021 edition of Quarterly Housing Update (although the recent weather did make me double check that this is not, in fact, our Autumn edition!). As we look forward to a brighter Summer (both in terms of weather and hopefully a return to some degree of "normality" as society opens up again) the diverse range of topics covered in this edition remind us that time has not stood still during the pandemic and there is much for the housing sector to reflect on.
In this edition we look at the following topics:
- Going Green – why the social housing finance sector has embraced green and sustainable finance
- Local Authority Registered Providers – the health and safety challenge
- Group companies – getting it right
- Changing the way we prepare witness statements for trial, a sign of things to come?
- Queen announces new charity bill
- Land Registry measures during the pandemic
- No contract – no claim: the importance of collateral warranties in construction projects
- Mencap – Supreme Court decision: a hollow victory?
- Latent defects insurance – buyer beware?
- Residential Leasehold Ground Rent Ban – first sight of the draft bill
To view the full edition please click here.