Quarterly Housing Update – Winter 2020/21
As we approach the first anniversary of the initial Covid-19 "lockdown" it is an opportune time to reflect again on the resilience of the affordable housing sector and the genuine difference that social landlords and local authorities make to the communities that they serve. The sector has continued to deliver new housing at pace and has openly embraced new ways of working, new ways of delivery and accessing new capital.
In this edition we look at the following topics:
- Service charge recovery for fire safety works – an ongoing dilemma?
- Covid-19: vaccination issues for employers
- Transforming public procurement: Some initial thoughts
- Enforcement under the draft Building Safety Bill
- The final laps for LIBOR transition
- Leasehold reform update – the news leaseholders have been waiting to hear
- White Paper – Price evaluation models for the housing sector
- Guarantees – a word of caution!
- The quirks of charging newly constructed properties
- Biodiversity net gain
To view the full edition please click here.