Interlaw webinar: managing and protecting your employees – a global perspective
The global outbreak of COVID-19 has created a unique set of circumstances for organizations and employers around the world. During these unprecedented times, we understand that safeguarding your employees is paramount.
The webinar can be viewed here.
- US - Dan Schwartz, Partner, Shipman & Goodwin LLP
- UK - Nicola Inhatowicz, Partner, Trowers & Hamlins
- Germany – Annette Knoth, Partner, Arnecke Sibeth Dabelstein
- Norway - Sten Foyn, Partner, Haavind
- South Korea – Jaehoon Choi, Partner and William Kim, Senior Associate, Lee and Ko
- China – Wei Lin, Managing Partner, P.C. Woo & Zhonglun W.D. LLP
We received many questions from around the globe and we attempted to answer as many as possible. See below for a list of some of the questions that were answered and where to find them during the webinar.
- Can you tell us what is going on in your particular jurisdiction and where you all are in the pandemic “curve”? (4:15)
- How can employers reduce the risk to employees and what is an employer’s responsibility in your jurisdiction? (8:11)
- What government financial support or other resources are available for employees? How are governments recommending employers deal with this? (14:43)
- What resources are available if an employer is forced to close? How are you handling any shutdown orders? (29:21)
- How have you been recommending employers deal with sick employees? Or those who are fearful of coming into work? (35:00)
- How are your jurisdictions handling court proceedings, cases, tribunals, hearings? (40:54)