Webinar: Private residential development briefing –Planning for the Future: radical reform of the planning system in England?
The Government has published proposals for reform of the planning system in a White Paper that is currently out for consultation.These proposals have the potential to significantly alter the way our planning system operates and to impact all aspects of development.
Rory Stracey, Partner in the Planning and Environmental team briefed us about the reforms and the potential implications.
Topics covered include:
- Changes to the plan led process. How will a 'zonal' planning system work?
- Design and sustainability. Can social and environmental standards be maintained, alongside a drive for a significant increase in development?
- Changes to infrastructure delivery. Will the proposals be capable of delivering sufficient infrastructure, including affordable housing.
- Ensuring more land is available for new homes.
- Role of technology in the planning process.
The webinar recording can be seen below: