With experience of advising and representing both bidders and contracting authorities – we offer insight that few firms can. We provide strategic advice on challenges, during the procurement process, the pre-action stages representation in High Court proceedings and alternative dispute resolution.
As a leader in procurement, our wider offering includes advising bidders on what they can expect from a fair, transparent and lawful procurement process and the steps they can take to protect their position when those expectations are not met. We can also advise contracting authorities as to the circumstances in which challenges could arise and how to mitigate risks.
Some examples of our work includes:
- Acting for a number of firms in a multi-party and high profile challenge to the LAA’s Duty Solicitor Crime Contracts procurement. The cases, identified in The Lawyer publication as one of the “Top 20 Cases of 2016”, ultimately settled after the Lord Chancellor cancelled the procurement in light of the litigation.
- Representing a bidder in a challenge relating to the procurement of IT for Government departments (overall contract value in the region of several billion pounds sterling)
- Representing a client in two sets of High Court proceedings challenging contract award decisions in relation to planned repairs and maintenance work (overall contract value up to 830 million).
- Experts in contentious procurement matters for bidders and contracting authorities
- Trusted to assist clients in challenges to all types of procurement exercises
- Channeling litigation expertise into sound, commercial advice
- Involved in a number of high profile and reported procurement cases