The origins of the firm date back more than 230 years.
In 1777 the practice was run by Richard and John Woodhouse. Since that time it has undergone more than 20 changes of identity and amalgamations.
Walter Trower (who was knighted in 1915) joined the partnership in 1886, and the name Hamlin originated in a firm called Hamlin & Grammer which was practising in 1875.
Though the two firms using these names had been in association for many years, it was not until 1987 that they finally integrated to become Trowers & Hamlins.
During the last 30 years the firm has expanded considerably.
The Manchester office opened in 1973, followed by:
Today, Trowers & Hamlins has over 900 staff in its UK, Middle East and South East Asia offices.