We know the difference that good governance makes in enabling better service delivery and improved accountability, particularly when designing innovative alternative delivery structures.
When seeking sustainable and inclusive growth and modernising, streamlining and improving public service delivery, you will need to ensure decision making and delegation structures are watertight to reduce the risk of costly challenges.
Our team has in-house experience and insight of working in government and public sector services so we have true understanding of what works well.
We also understand the need for discretion and sensitivity, and work to encourage greater collaboration on all aspects of governance, effective decision making and risk management – helping make things easier for our clients and improving outcomes.
Our work includes:
- Resolving complex and unique vires issues
- Drafting amendments to constitutions to design new governance arrangements, new member standards and codes of conduct
- Reviewing decision-making processes, corporate governance and implementation of changes
- Reviewing and advising on the validity of decisions and what actions to take to rectify irregularities
- Establishment and dissolution of shared service arrangements and inter-authority agreements and the joint discharge of functions between authorities
- Governance implications of setting up alternative delivery vehicles.
- Support to facilitate decision making; spin out existing services into new delivery models
- Help generate efficiencies through economies of scale
- Provide effective collaborative commissioning and contract management arrangements and future proofing
- Advise on appropriate legal forms, procurement, employment, pensions, employee ownership and the process for establishing the service commissioning entity
- Advise on judicial review proceedings, applications under Freedom of Information and Environmental Information Regulation legislation and on GDPR issues